This morning the girls and I whipped up a couple of aprons, and then of course we had to bake.
Not quite finished in this picture, I still need to topstitch them.
I used the free apron pattern at www.sewliberated.com, but it looked so small when I printed it, I think the printer settings must have been wrong, and I wanted to add a sash at the waist so I slashed it through the middle, added the sash which ties at the back (rather than velcro which would have been a good idea but I didn’t have any to hand) and added a couple of inches to the length and a generous seam allowance all the way around.
The neck band has elastic so it stretches to go over the head easily. All the fabrics except the pink spot are Denyse Schmidt at Spotlight. The girls didn’t take them off all day.
The scones were in June’s Good Taste magazine, you cut them out, then put a splodge of jam in the middle and fold them in half. We made them with wholemeal SR flour instead of white and they were delicious, all gone now of course.