Wednesday, August 18, 2010

We Play – Childhood 101

_DSC6312

I’ve been wanting some playsilks, but wanted a wide range of colours, so decided to opt for the non-silk variety for cost reasons. 1 metre of red, yellow, pink, green, orange, purple, blue and brown in different weights (chiffon, silk effect chiffon, satin backed crepe, satin etc. ), a quick rolled hem on the overlocker. The blue has been particularly useful as a swimming pool, sky, sea, pond etc., I think I’ll go and get a few more shades of blue.

Anyway, yesterday we did the ‘sing a rainbow’ song while stepping on each colour, great fun!

Childhood 101 we play link up :)

7 comments:

Be A Fun Mum said...

I too, have been wanting Playsilks but have been hindered by the cost. I love how you have found a happy medium. I'm inspired.

I've come over from Childhood 101 We Play

beafunmum.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to get/make some of these. One day (Having a sewing machine and knowing how to use it would probably be helpful!)

Princess told me off the other day. We were watching a video of her dance school's concert from last year and they were performing to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and she told me "They are singing it wrong, Mumma! It doesn't go like that!" She was thinking of the OTHER rainbow song! LOL

MY SPACE said...

How wonderful Esther!!! And I am loving your blog and all its new entires! Keep it up my friend xxx

MY SPACE said...

That would be entries x

MY SPACE said...

How wonderful Esther!!! And I am loving your blog and all its new entires! Keep it up my friend xxx

Karen said...

These are great Esther. Last night the girls were helping me choose colours for their new dresses and they did the same thing - a becah with sand and a bridge. So much fun with something so simple.
I might follow your lead though and give them some that are their very own - they'd like that.

kathy said...

We used to play a lot with fabrics every time I did laundry, before I folded it we would thtow it all over the room, make songs, dance with it. It is so much fun

http://polwig.com