Friday, August 22, 2008

No-Sew Projects

OK, so I've been a bit slack on the blogging front. Had my parents staying for a couple of weeks so was avoiding being on the computer too much.

I have however been getting a few things done, so here's the first ones, a couple of no-sew projects for the house.

Some wall art for the lounge

Photobucket

And the second is a pin board for our kitchen

Photobucket

the fabrics are both from the Drawing Room range by Anna Maria Horner and came as part of my quilthome delivery a few weeks back.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

I love it Esther. HOw did you do the pin board as I have been wanting to do one of these for my DD's room.

red in oz said...

Hi Ellie, I literally took an old pinboard and a packet of drawing pins, cut the fabric to about 10cm bigger than the board and wrapped the fabric around it, pinning around the back.

The corners aren't that neat, they need to be mitred in some way, and I wasn't patient enough to get them really tight.

Then I just pinned the strips of ribbon on to look pretty.

I took the frame off mine because it was broken, but I think it would be better to keep the frame so that you have something more solid to attach the hooks in to hang it on to the wall.

Took about half an hour in total, I'd love to see yours when you finish it.

Kirsty said...

Esther I love the wall art, what a great way to use that piece of material that you love so much you can't bear to cut it. With the different size canvas you can by these days you could have some real fun with a project like this